Recipes – Cherry Cheescake in a Glass
Cheesecake in a glass (4 servings)
- 2 sheets gelatine 2 limes, zested and juiced
- 200g cream cheese 200g
- 500g yoghurt Greek style
- 75g caster sugar
- Soak the gelatine sheets in cold water for 5 minutes.
- Warm the lime juice in a small pan or in the microwave. Do not let the lime juice get too hot otherwise the gelatine will not set.
- Squeeze out the water from the gelatine and drop it into the lime juice, then stir until dissolved.
- Beat the cream cheese, yoghurt, sugar and lime zest together until smooth.
- Beat in lime juice and pour into 4 stemmed glasses, cover and chill for at least 1 hour or until set.
Cherry compote Ingredients:
- 150ml cherry juice
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 450g fresh cherries, pitted
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- 2 teaspoons corn flour
- Cook juice and sugar in a saucepan on medium heat stirring occasionally until sugar dissolves.
- Put in cherries and spices and let simmer for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Dissolve corn flour in 2 tablespoons of water and stir through cherries.
- Boil for another minute, and then let the compote cool completely.
Spoon the cherry compote on top of the cheesecake cream just before serving.
<< Back to Recipes
© 2010-11 Cherry Growers of Australia