Recipes – Cherry Chutney
- 3 cups pitted and fresh cherries
- 1 1/2 cups cider vinegar
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground allspice, ground
- cloves, ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, covered, one hour.
- Uncover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 30 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and let cool at room temperature.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Delicious with grilled chicken breasts or roast pork. Makes about 3 cups.
<< Back to Recipes
© 2010-11 Cherry Growers of Australia