Recipes – Cherry Pie Ice Cream
Cherry Pie Ice Cream (Makes about 1.5L)
- 1L good quality vanilla ice cream
- 150g ready-to-eat sweet shortcrust pastry base/li>
- 2 cups (400g) cherries, pitted
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp almond extract
- ¼ cup icing sugar mixture
- 1 tsp cornflour
- Place cherries, lemon juice, almond extract, cinnamon and icing sugar mixture in a bowl and leave to macerate for 20 minutes.
- Transfer cherry mixture to a saucepan over medium-low heat and cook for 6 minutes until syrup thickens and cherries have softened.
- Transfer mixture to the pastry case and set aside to cool completely.
- Place ice cream in a food processor and pulse until smooth, then transfer mixture to 1.5L container.
- Crumble cherry pie in large pieces into container and gently stir through.
- Place in freezer until firm.
<< Back to Recipes
© 2010-11 Cherry Growers of Australia