Recipes – Cherry Quinoa Salad with Lamb
Cherry Quinoa Salad with Lamb (Serves: 4)
- 1 cup tri-colour or white quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup (80ml) olive oil
- 6 lamb tenderloin fillets
- ¼ cup (60ml) lemon juice
- 1½ cups pitted fresh cherries, halved
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint
- ½ cup toasted pistachios, coarsely chopped
- 200g Greek feta
- 3 cups water
- Combine water and quinoa in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes or until grains are tender.
- Drain, then transfer to a large bowl and set aside to cool.
- Lightly coat the lamb fillets in 2 tablespoons oil; season well with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Heat chargrill pan over high heat then cook lamb for 6 minutes turning or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Set aside to rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk remaining oil and lemon juice until combined, then add to the quinoa and toss to coat.
- Add remaining ingredients to bowl and toss well to combine.
- Slice lamb and serve on top of salad.
*For a vegetarian option, omit lamb and replace with zucchini.
<< Back to Recipes
© 2010-11 Cherry Growers of Australia