Recipes – Cherry Sangria
Cherry Sangria (Serves: 6)
|Preparation Time: 15 minutes plus minimum 1 hour refrigeration time
Cooking Time: N/A
- 750ml red or white wine (a spicy shiraz
or fresh sauvignon blanc is perfect)
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- 1 orange
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 litre lemonade
- 300g pitted cherries, halved
- Combine the wine and sugar in a large jug.
- Thinly slice the orange, lemon and lime and add to the wine mixture.
- Stir in the cherries and chill for at least 1 hour (or up to three days).
- When ready to serve, add the lemonade and serve over lots of ice. Alternately, serve the wine and the lemonade in separate carafes and allow people to mix the sangria themselves, to their taste!
<< Back to Recipes
© 2010-11 Cherry Growers of Australia