Recipes – Goats Cheese and Rocket Salad
Goats cheese and rocket salad with cherry dressing (4 servings)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 fresh cherries, pitted and quartered
- 300g rocket
- 50g pine nuts
- 300g fresh goats cheese in a log
- 3 tablespoon cornflakes
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 3 green onions, finely sliced
- In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar and mustard to make a dressing.
- Season with salt, pepper and sugar and stir trough the cherries, set aside.
- Rinse rocket and spin dry.
- Heat a small frying pan and dry roast pine nuts until golden brown.
- Cut cheese into about 2cm wide discs.
- Place cornflakes in a sealed lunch bag and crush with your fingers.
- Place cornflakes on a plate and press cheese with both sides into cornflakes.
- Heat oil in a non stick frying pan and brown the cheese on both sides.
- Place cheese on paper towel, then arrange with the salad on a plate.
- Scatter over the onions, pine nuts and dressing and serve immediately.
<< Back to Recipes
© 2010-11 Cherry Growers of Australia