Recipes – Healthy Cherry Muffins
Healthy Cherry Muffins
- 2 cups fresh cherries, finely chopped.
- 1 cup unprocessed wheat bran or oat bran
- 1 1/2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon powder
- 3/4 cup low- fat milk (or soymilk)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon cherry juice concentrate
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Lightly coat muffin tray with cooking oil spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine bran, flour, baking soda and cinnamon.
- Set aside.
- In another medium bowl or in a blender, combine the milk, honey, egg, oil, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Mix the dry ingredients with liquid mixture.
- Stir just until combined.
- Add cherries and pecans and stir.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tray.
- Bake for about 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Let the muffins cool for 10 minutes before removing from tray.
- Serve warm or cool.
<< Back to Recipes
© 2010-11 Cherry Growers of Australia