Recipes – Roast pork with cherry stuffing
Roast pork with cherry stuffing (Serves: 4)
- 2 tsbp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic gloves
- 1 tbspn lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 cups fresh cherries, finely chopped
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 1 tbspn chopped fresh parsley
- 1 egg yolk
- 900g boned loin of pork
- Pre heat oven to 200 degrees.
- Pre heat non-stick fry pan.
- Add 1 tbspn of oil to pan, add onion, garlic and cook until softened.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in breadcrumbs, cherries, olives, lemon juice, parsley and egg yolk.
- Season to taste.
- Unroll the pork and cut away any excess fat.
- Spread half of the mixture over the flat piece of pork and roll up, starting from the thick side.
- Tie all intervals with a string.
- Pour remaining oil into roasting tray and put in the pork. Roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Form the remaining stuffing mixture into balls and add to the roasting tray around the meat.
- Bake the balls 15-20 minutes before the end of cooking time.
- Remove the pork from the oven and let it rest for 10 mins.
- Carve pork into thick slices and serve with stuffing balls.
Perfect for a Christmas lunch!
<< Back to Recipes
© 2010-11 Cherry Growers of Australia