Recipes – Very Cherry Trifle
Very Cherry Trifle (Makes 6)
- 1 tbs kirsch
- 2 tbs cherry jam
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 250g mascarpone
- 250g Greek yoghurt
- 6x3cm slices butter cake
- ¼ cup toasted slivered almonds
- 6 whole cherries, to garnish
Sour cherry jelly:
- 3 sheets titanium gelatine leaf
- 600ml sour cherry juice
- Bring sour cherry juice to a simmer in a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Soak gelatine leaves in cold water for 5 minutes until soft. Squeeze out any excess water and add to sour cherry juice, stirring until gelatine has dissolved.
- Evenly divide mixture into large individual glasses (about 500ml in capacity) and distribute cherries amongst the glasses too.
- Place in fridge for 3 hours or until set.
- Stir kirsch, jam and icing sugar into mascarpone and yoghurt until combined.
- Cut butter cake slices into 3 fingers and place on top of jelly.
- Spoon over mascarpone mixture, sprinkle with almonds and garnish with cherries.
<< Back to Recipes
© 2010-11 Cherry Growers of Australia