Recipes – White Chocolate Cherry Panna Cotta
White Chocolate Cherry Panna Cotta (Serves: 6)
|Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes plus minimum 3 hours refrigeration time
- 4 sheets leaf gelatine or 3 teaspoons powdered gelatine
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups cream
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 100g good quality white chocolate
- 200g pitted cherries
- 100g whole cherries with stems on
- If using leaf gelatine, soak the gelatine in the milk. If using powdered gelatine, sprinkle the gelatine over the milk, stir, then microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Place the cream, sugar and chocolate in a saucepan and stir over a medium heat until the chocolate has melted.
- Add the gelatine and milk and stir until the gelatine has dissolved.
- Place pitted cherries in the base of six moulds then pour over the panna cotta mixture. Refrigerate for three to six hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, dip the panna cotta moulds in boiling water then unmould onto serving plates and top with whole cherries.
<< Back to Recipes
© 2010-11 Cherry Growers of Australia